Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013, Here We Come!

Good morning! I hope everyone had a great New Years Eve. For our family, it was simply a nice, quiet night. We picked up a couple bottles of sparkling apple cider (yes, we're old haha), had some dinner, and just relaxed. Drew and I made it until midnight, barely, thanks to these colds that just won't let go.

After thinking about 2012 and previous years, I've made some resolutions, though I'm not one to usually do that. I've decided to try to get more organized and proactive in 2013. I'm one of those people who can organize things like no other, but can't KEEP them organized. I'm also really bad with the housekeeping. We certainly aren't living in an episode of Hoarders or anything, but I want to get better with keeping our house so we're ready for visitors at anytime. I'm working on doing a major deep clean for the start of the new year, but, to prevent myself from getting extremely overwhelmed and then not doing it, I'm going slow. I'm working my way through the kitchen, then the living room, bathroom, etc. Once everything is cleaned and organized, I'm going to work on keeping it that way.

In other news, we have new members of our family. Inara, Shepard Book, Wash, Jayne, Simon, and River. They're fish. L (Boy) LOVES fish, he'll sit in front of a fish tank and stare at it for like 30 minutes, which is a very long time for him. We decided it might be really fun to have some fish and, once we figured out we'd be getting a decent sized tank, we decided the whole family would get fish. The cats are completely fascinated by the tank. Our kitten, Drogo, will stand on the back of the closest kitchen chair just staring (and trying to figure out if he can jump from the chair to the bar). Even our older cat, Leesi, has taken to sitting there, staring. It's actually kind of funny to see.

Okay, well I've got some cleaning to do, so I'll say good bye for now.

What resolutions, if any, did you make for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment