Friday, November 9, 2012

I'm back and Birthday Stuff

I've been gone for a while, took a break from blogging because I felt I HAD to do it since I had one, even though I didn't have a ton to blog about every day. I've gotten some things settled, so hopefully I'll post a bit more frequently.

Our son turned 4 today, it's amazing how the time has flown by. I can remember the day he was born like it was last week, quite different from when I had my daughter, who will turn 6 next week. I remember her birth, but everything is a little fuzzy thanks to a pain medicine I received. 

Anyway, 4 years old. It's amazing how things have changed in 4 years. He's been identified as being developmentally disabled, he's walking along the edge of the Autism Spectrum, and he's been transferred to a preschool for kids who have behavioral delays, as well as developmental.

We've moved to a new complex, where we're finally downstairs. We have 2 new cats, Khaleesi (Leesi for short) and Drogo. My daughter started kindergarten, and I've got a new (albeit seasonal) job. I'm crossing my fingers that, at the end of the season, I'll be asked to stay on. It's in a warehouse (too bad it's not Warehouse 13), and those apparently have a high turnover rate, which increases my chances.

I'm still struggling with my weight. I tried Weight Watchers for 6 months, but it didn't help. I'd have a week where I'd lose 5-8 pounds, then the next week I would literally do the exact same thing the week before, eat all the same meals, do all the same activities, and I would gain all that weight back. I've been introduced to a new diet/lifestyle called the Dukan Diet. I'll be starting it completely soon, there's certain things I need to stock up on first, like oat bran and Splenda. We'll see how it works.

We're having a birthday party for both kids this weekend, but hubby has to work that day, so either tonight or tomorrow we'll have a little celebration, just the 4 of us. Hopefully, we'll be celebrating us getting a second car, too!

Alright, I'll leave you with that for now and try not to disappear again.

No comments:

Post a Comment