Friday, December 21, 2012

And that's a wrap

Got the phone call today, the one letting me know my assignment with Amazon had ended and I was no longer needed at work. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get converted (hired to be a direct Amazon employee), but I'll definitely try again next year.

I'm going to start job hunting again, seeing if my temp agency has anything, or, if now that I have recent work experience, I'll be able to get a permanent job somewhere. I won't be starting anything new until the kids are back in school, that would just kill me with exhaustion.

Obviously, the extra paycheck will be missed, which is why I'll be continuing the search. I'll also miss a few of my coworkers, I'm kinda sad I  didn't get anyone's number while I had the chance.

The two positive I see, for the moment, both have to do with sleep. The first is, I can actually get some good sleep and help limit this overwhelming exhaustion I feel. The more sleep I get, the less caffeine I need to consume, which means some things will go back to not hurting. Ladies, you should know what I mean.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the fact that the world didn't end, spend some extra time with my family, and maybe even sleep in!

No comments:

Post a Comment